More Puzzles

RegisterRegister Immediately 

Lateral Thinking - Preconceptions
A man leaves a will he wishes to be cremated

Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:15 pm  by tartle

A man leaves a will he wishes to be cremated between March and November and buried between November and March. Why?

Sat May 25, 2013 7:27 pm  by JoeKing

He lives far south in the Southern Hemisphere, when the ground may be frozen from March to November, and thus he can't easily be buried.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:14 am  by thejoanzone

He won't be buried if he's cremated.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:17 am  by crafael

same time

Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:32 am  by thejoanzone

It can't be the same time as March to November includes April, May, June etc. and November to March is December, January etc.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:33 am  by thejoanzone

Ahhh...I see...

Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:26 am  by zozee

Yeah, the Southern Hemisphere thing

Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:21 am  by dave08

november and march are names of his son or wife or daughter or whatever. and they are also dead. so he wants to be burried between them.

Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:59 pm  by oncemoreforluck

why would he be buried if he's already cremated?

Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:16 pm  by chammont

So I'm just throwing this out there but maybe it's an either or situation. So if he dies between March and November he wants to be cremated but if he dies between November and March he wants to be buried. If that's the case I have a guess but it assumes a couple of things. One, he lives in the Southern Hemisphere and two he lived back in the day or where there is no refrigeration. During the hot months he would rot quickly so he'd want to be cremated right away but if it was during the cold months he's keep longer so there would be time to prepare a burial. Best I could come up with at the moment.

Reply to topic