More Puzzles

RegisterRegister Immediately 

Lateral Thinking - Preconceptions
BOY or GIRL

Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:27 am  by deedeebew@gmail.com

A boy and a girl are sitting on the porch. "I'm a boy," says the child with black hair. "I'm a girl," says the child with red hair.
If at least one of them is lying, who is which?

Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:55 am  by Nsj

If at least one of them is lying then they are both lying. So the black haired child is the girl and the red head is the boy.

Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:36 pm  by KUMAR

I would ask one of them that what will the other person say if I ask about the gender, if the person replys f, and the other one say f then the first one is right and he is male, and if differ she is female

Wed May 07, 2014 1:08 am  by Gazza

Child with Black hair is lying, no "boy" would be sitting on the back porch, he would be off playing pirates or some such thing.

Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:08 pm  by agarhi

One of them is 'lying' down and they both are saying the truth. Trust the kids man !

Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:44 pm  by balu hegde

either black hair kid is a girl or red hair kid is a boy

Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:45 pm  by Gynwaith

Well it says AT LEAST one is lying, not necessarily only one. So since there is one boy and one girl, but two kids each claiming to be a different one of the two, then they're both lying. The kid with black hair is a girl because they claimed to be a boy and the kid with red hair was a boy because they claimed to be a girl.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:03 am  by dave08

jj or joshua???

Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:22 pm  by ashwin

Child with black hair is the girl!

Expln: If the child with black hair was telling the truth, then in order to maintain the 'atleast' condition, the child in red hair should tell a lie, in which case, both replies should be the same. Hence, child in black hair was lying, and hence, the girl!

Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:43 pm  by samuel.n

It says that one of them is lying, so the other must be telling the truth. So, if the first child is lying, then she is a girls and obviously the second one is telling the truth, so she too is a girl. vice versa for boys.

Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:01 pm  by Tri_Trunks

[b][u]

They are both lying and they both telling the truth. Both children are transgendered.[/u][/b]

Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:36 pm  by Banban

I found nothing wrong in those childs.if at least 1 z lieing...thn i think it might b d person who is asking the qn that at least 1 is lie

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:34 pm  by PurpleGiraffe

One child has red AND black hair (dyed or some strange mutation (or a tiger that can speak for some reason)) and lies, since it is not both a boy and a girl. The genders of both childs cannot be determined.

Reply to topic